Saturday, November 1, 2008

One More Time

I love to write. Yet, when it comes to blogging, my muse can fail me. However, I'm going to try one more time. This will be my third attempt with google blog. Why, again? Motivation is, well, a strong motivator.

The word occasional in my blog title seemed most appropriate, since I am rarely inspired with subject matter for daily blog entrance. However, I'm sure now, with the new motivation, there will be some need to ccomment more often.

Once upon a time, blogging wasn't that difficult for me. I always had much to say and seemed to be able to find things of interest to blog about and humorous things to comment on, pertaining to my writing or everyday experiences.

I don't know what happened--perhaps my lack of inspiration was due to a recent major change in my lifestyle, or the lack of having a person to be in love with. Who knows? The desire to blog is present, but the topics are lacking. Could it be maybe, that all subjects are covered in the blogging world?

My last attempt at blogging, believe it or not, produced stress. Yes, stress! I felt guilty because I wasn't updating my blog as I see the really interesting (in my opinion) bloggers do, some on a daily basis. Humm . . . not good. Of course not good--because a writer should never compare themselves to other writers, it only leads to disappointment in oneself. Writers should be their own unique selves! And with that uniqueness they will find their audience.

So, having said all that, I'll end this first entry with the promise that occasionally, I will update my blog! Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Melanie Harr-Hughes, Director of Production said...

Hi Ann! It is great to see you here on the Web and I am looking forward to reading more from you!

Elaine Littau said...

Hi Ann,
It is great to "meet" another Tate author. I have had my book in my hands for a year now and am very pleased with Tate. I signed up to follow your blog and am looking forward to get to know you. What is your book about?
Elaine Littau
check out my blog:
nansjourney.blogspot.com

Ann Winters said...

Melanie! Nice of you to visit and say hello. I remember fondly our conversations while Weapons of Light was in production. I love these blogs, I feel that I'm still connected to everyone in a more inimate way.


Hi Elaine, Thanks for dropping by. Good to be in touch with yet another Tate author.

To answer your question, I left a mini synopsis of Weapons of Light. on your blog site.

See you both on the blogsphere!