Tuesday, April 30, 2013

In Loving Memory

In memory of my baby sister Judy Mary Winters Largent who went to be with Jesus April 9 of this year. Judy came into this world the last of many children, full of giggles, fun, and lots of energy. She stayed that way throughout her entire life. Judy had some sad moments in her life, as we all do. However, her greatest joy was her family. She and her husband had two beautiful daughters, and inherited two great sons-in-law. Those children gave her four wonderful and beautiful grandchildren Cole, Bo, London and Libby. She loved each one of them the "bestest" as only a grandmother can do. I do give her the highest honorary title of being the best mamaw hen watching over her little chicks. She was a dedicated and loving participant in their lives and sport activities. We spent many hours long distance phone talking about them and our mutual love for our Savior Jesus Christ. Life circumstance and miles kept us from each other for most of our adult lives. The good news is no one can take the precious memories of our early years before marriage and family and of course the "secrets" that only sisters can have. she rarely called me by name, but by her pet name for me since she was a toddler. "Sister" It always did my heart good that she called me that. To me it meant that I had a special place in her heart. There is an ache and empty spot in my own heart that can only be eased in time by the peace I have of knowing where she is and that someday we will see each other again.
I love you sis---your loving family members are your legacy which is  a beautiful way to be remembered.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful. Missing her especially today for some reason, but rejoicing knowing we will see her soon....

Ann Winters said...

Me too Wendy...I received Bo's photo announcement and that along with mother's day coming up, makes me sad because she would, as you commented on her page, would be so excited about Bo's upcoming "big day." I know everyone attending will have her with you in heart, And I will be thinking of the entire family members with much love.